Grow your career working for a multi-national manufacturer of automated equipment in the food industry. Company is growing and adding to their customer support division. Currently seeking an Automation Field Service Engineer to service clients in the Tri-Cities, WA area.
The Automation Field Service Engineer will perform on-site automation installation, service, and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
Why would I want to work here?
- Growing and stable company
- Ability to make good money with expenses paid, overtime paid, per diem.
- Great health insurance and other benefits!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Company is a world leader in their niche
- Innovative front line technology
- Growth opportunities!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install new or modified automation solution at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all electric, electronic and process tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic operation
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Candidates need to be a US citizen and hold a US Passport. Will need to be able to cross over into the MX and Canada as needed. Other international travel is possible.
- Willing and able to travel up to 90%!
- Work out of your home office and travel, need to live within 50 miles of an international airport.
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Knowledge of OPC and OPC server products such as Kepware KEP ServerEx
- Experience with Microsoft .NET WPF UI development
- Proficient in Object-Oriented programming and Software Architecture
- High level of competency with Windows based computer systems
- Successful track record in PLC/SCADA communication, industrial network integration, and C# or C++ programming languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and flexibility to travel as required to domestic and international sites
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.