Our client is a high-tech industrial automation products distributor and control systems integrator in Appleton WI. They are currently seeking an Advanced Control Systems Engineer who will be responsible for developing/designing machine and process control systems and implementing the finished product as required by the customer. Knowledge in web handling is expected.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage projects from definition to installation and customer acceptance.
- Maintain cost and schedule tracking of projects against quoted price and delivery.
- Develop and maintain project milestones, parts lists and ordering, and electrical schematics.
- Provide communication to customers, panel shop employees, the account manager, and other team members.
- Lead and/or support start-up of systems in the shop and at the customer site.
- Perform PLC programming and design/configure temperature controls systems, drive systems, and HMI systems for web handling applications (unwinds, rewinds, extruders, dancers, load cells, torque control, tension control, etc.)
- Create viable project plans (scope development) and P&IDs
- Create quotations, budgetary designs, ROI calculations, and lead customer presentations
- Be the company’s subject matter expert on web handling technology
- Be part of the after-hours rotation. (Typically, 2 weeks per year)
Education and Experience
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree in engineering; three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Advanced Control Systems Engineer will be required to understand the following technical skills to perform their job.
- Rockwell Automation PLCs (ControlLogix, SLC, PLC5)
- Siemens Automation PLCs (S7-300, S7-1200, S7-1500 using SIMATIC Manager and TIA Portal)
- Parker SSD Drive Systems
- Rockwell Drive Systems
- Siemens Drive Systems
- Parker Automation Products
- SCADA/HMI Applications (Intellution, Wonderware, Red Lion)
- Eurotherm and RKC Controllers
- System troubleshooting and problem solving
- Industry Standards (NEC/NRPA70, NFPA 79, NFPA 70)