Join a leading producer of plastic products and custom manufacturing services for Medical, Pharma, and CPG applications that is known for providing innovative solutions to the industry and top-quality services to their customers. This privately-owned company has strong financial backing and has been producing quality products for over 50 years. This is a forward-thinking organization that has grown rapidly over the past 5 years; adding a new HQ location, 6 new facilities and a state-of-the-art Innovation Center. Today they are an industry leader serving customers where quality, service and innovation matter.
Why work here?
- Highly visible role within a rapidly growing manufacturer
- Competitive base salary, incentives, generous 401k match, and solid benefits that include healthcare, tuition reimbursement, life insurance and employee assistance.
- Supported by a strong culture and core values that drive individual contribution, teamwork, empowerment, growth, and leadership.
In this position you will hold a critical role within the organization and will provide controls / electrical engineering design & integration services to corporate wide plant automation projects and to drive efficiency through these systems. You will help lead and champion the company’s effort to drive efficiency by using state of the art, cutting edge automation systems. You will play an active role in organizational planning including the future automation capabilities of their plants. Be the company’s subject matter expert in automation system control
The location is an area known for being a great place to raise a family, near major metropolitan areas and the gorgeous NJ coast!
- BS in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years machine control design experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming languages covered in IEC61131 including ladder, structured text and function blocks, etc. Experience with PLCs and the design of HMI software.
- Strong understanding of mechanical design and how it relates to electrical/control system design desirable.
- CREATIVITY – this is in many ways a blank page where you will play a key role in the early stages of developing automation systems across the entire company