Opportunity to work for a privately held OEM near Tampa that designs and manufactures automated packaging machinery for the pharmaceutical industry.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Develop control system architecture for new packaging equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and control systems for packaging equipment.
- Develop customized automation systems including hardware and software for packaging equipment.
- Design, implement, and support PLC and operator interface systems.
- Perform modifications to existing equipment in order to meet customer needs.
- Creation of electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting system documentation.
- Develop systems which include motion control, PLC control systems, temperature control systems, and inspection systems.
- Work well with fellow engineering and assembly personnel.
- Manage control system projects from design to build; including installation and troubleshooting.
- Perform revisions to electrical schematics, panel layouts, and supporting documentation throughout the life of the project.
- Develop process understanding in order to improve efficiency as well as the overall product.
- Limited travel will be required for installation and support of equipment.
- BS Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of related experience is required.
- Programming experience with motion control, PLC control systems, and HMI development.
- Ability to manage projects– coordinating with various departments within the company and customers.
- The ability to work with people in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Attention to detail is a must in order to thoroughly document all designs.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting.
- General knowledge of safety and electrical standards (NFPA 79, UL, CE).
- Packaging equipment experience, a plus.
- Experience with project skills (e.g. scope, budget, schedule, etc.).