Are you a technically driven C#, C++ or similar skilled PC .Net Software Engineer inspired by high-technology equipment and projects including the use of high precision robotics, 2D/3D machine vision systems, advanced metrology systems, and complex software functionality.
My client offers dynamic, diverse, and motivating career opportunities to work as part of their ultra-talented team of software, mechanical, electrical and application engineers towards the development of prototype next generation automated equipment for semiconductor, aerospace, ordinance, medical and automotive manufacturing factories.
- Architect, write, and debug C# programming with an emphasis on generating software that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable, and reusable.
- Develop programs to meet requirements and test plans provided. Coordinate with test engineers to deploy, debug and rework all programming bugs or issues.
- Create WPF based User Interfaces for intuitive operation of high precision robotics and manufacturing systems.
- Develop machine vision software based, automated recognition software.
- Design motion controls for high precision, micron level accurate, piezo actuators, robotics including kinematic hexapod motion systems, linear motor motion systems, multi-axis gimbals, linear handlers, and articulated robotics.
- Implement reliable safety systems for safeguarding systems and operators.
- Use software code to troubleshoot and articulate development issues.
- Work within a multiple developer, sprint-based environment.
- Support preparation of system and testing for Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT) in accordance with design requirements, company protocols, processes, and procedures
- Assist with mentoring, coaching, and developing junior software team members
- Provide limited travel to customer sites to support SAT, system training to client personnel, and troubleshooting as required.
- BS/MS Engineering or Science Degree with major concentration in Controls, Computer Control Systems, Mechatronic, Automation, Electrical, or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience as a hands-on software development engineer working on automation, robotics and/or electromechanical system.
- Ability to fluently program in C# or similar language.
- Experience with WPF GUI development.
- Experience with programming VisionPro or similar (Matrox, Halcon, MVTec)
- Experience with motion control and programming to interface with motion control.
- Proficient with process integration and electromechanical/mechatronic systems.
- Proficient with electrical standards and safety standards.
- Ability to read electrical power and wiring schematics.
- Experience with Microsoft TFS/DevOps or Github a plus.
- Experience with Agile Scrum workflow a plus.
- Experience with ACS, PI and or Aerotech motion control a plus.
- Experience with Beckoff or Rockwell Allen Bradley motion control and PLC a plus.
- Experience with LabView or NI software a plus.
- Experience with SECS/GEM a plus.