Control systems integration and machine fabrication company focuses on providing custom electrical and mechanical solutions within the automated equipment space. They're seeking an experienced Controls System engineer to design, develop, test, install, and start-up automated assembly and test systems.
Why work here?:
- Established growing business of over 25 years
- Small company so loads of hands-on machine controls projects
- Low travel - under 20%
- Great benefits with employee healthcare premiums covered 100%
- Yearly bonus and Retirement Plan
- Evaluate your own project requirements and take time off for vacation or family events as needed
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Updates machine controls to newer hardware platforms due to obsolescence
- Troubleshoot equipment failures that may include pneumatics, servos, vfd's, relays, communication networks, touchscreens/HMI, pushbuttons and PLCs from various manufacturers.
- Create documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical schematics.
Successful candidates must have experience in most (if not all) of the following areas:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years writing code in Allen-Bradley, Omron, or other IEC based controllers.
- VB.Net / C# programming
- Computer system setup and implementation in an industrial environment
- Computer networking
- Experience developing Operator Interfaces using systems such as Allen-Bradley PanelView’s, Red Lion HMI’s, or Proface HMI’s.
- Experience in designing and sizing controls equipment; power, I/O, communication, hardware.
- Experience installing and starting up automation systems at customer locations.
- AutoCAD, or, a willingness to learn/improve your AutoCAD skills
Beneficial but not required:
- Vision System integration with systems such as Cognex, Omron, or similar
- Robot control programming.
- Motion control and servo systems.
- Knowledge of safety systems and electrical standards.
- SQL Database programming experience
- Capable of working independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some travel required (10% to 20%) based on project needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in a technical discipline or industry specific experience.