Control Systems Integrator has built a culture that embraces both high intellect and great personalities that has resulted in a fun work environment and many happy clients. They need a Sr. MES Programmer in their Phoenix, AZ office.
The Sr. MES Programmer will design and develop high-level and complex MES, SCADA, and PC based systems for application in industrial control systems. Software developed will include SQL based data collection and reporting systems, custom software to automate system design and programming tasks and programming of SCADA and MES software.
Why work here?:
- Established successful company with multiple offices
- Great company culture and support from existing offices
- Excellent compensation, base plus bonus!
- Full benefits and company pay employees healthcare premiums!
- 401k matching
- High level language programming for a variety of applications. This includes .NET, Java, Python, C, C++, etc.
- SQL database design and programming including stored procedures
- Familiarity with formal design methodologies such as Agile and Scrum
- Design and program custom industrial applications
- Design and program software to automate design and industrial programming tasks
- Design and program reporting systems using data stored in SQL databases
- Design and program web based applications
- Program using various industrial SCADA and MES packages
- Design intuitive, easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing user interfaces.
- Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share programming responsibilities as required.
- Design software to support thorough, systematic, in-house testing prior to on-site commissioning.
- Thoroughly test system software prior to exposure to the client.
- Provide on-site system commissioning support as required.
- Maintain a current technical skill-set through any means necessary including reading, online training, attending seminars, formal classroom training, project experience, etc.
- Provide technical oversight and quality control on projects to ensure project success
- Help mentor and train more junior programmers
- BS in Computer Science Engineering or Math preferred, or relevant experience (7+ years)
- Proficient in a at least two of the following: C#, C++, Java, Python
- Proficiency in the design and programming of SQL Server based databases
- Proficiency in web-based development and systems programming
- Proficiency in commonly used industrial communications hardware including Ethernet, RS-232, and RS-485
- Proficiency in commonly used industrial protocols including Modbus, CIP, OPC-UA, and TCP/IP
- Ability to quickly understand complex applications
- Knowledge of and ability to apply industry standard software design practices and programming methodologies
- If not already certified, attain at least two of the Ignition gold, Wonderware Certified Developer, or WinCC OA Certified Engineer status within first year of employment
- If not already certified, attain certification in at least three MES related functional areas i.e. OEE, Recipe Management, Track and Trace, SPC, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills