Established distributor of of industrial controls and automation products with an award-winning "best place to work" environment and strong team-based culture. They are searching for a Product Engineer - with Industrial Automation and Controls Product experience to oversee part of the Controls Products offering which may include PLC's, HMI's, variable speed drives(VFD), motors, power supplies, industrial communication products, sensors, wire & cable, relays, wiring solutions, push-buttons, signaling devices, contractors, circuit protection, transformers, safety components, pneumatics, mechanical power transmission, enclosures and thermal management products.Why work here:
- Oversee all aspects of product support from "cradle to grave"
- Team-based culture
- Growth opportunities
- Quarterly bonuses and Profit-sharing
- Excellent benefits – health, dental, vision insurance
- Many on-site amenities including gym and cafe
- Working in a team environment, the Product Engineer will support the design of Automation and Controls Products through manufacturing, testing, installation and commission.
- Subject matter expert with responsibility to support products including:
- Product evaluation and testing
- Supplier evaluation including product packaging and barcoded labels
- Sourcing technical documentation for catalogs, manuals, webinars, application notes, application articles, etc.
- Technical product training for internal teams
- Support for new product introductions
- Backline support for customer support teams
- Work on life-cycle projects to improve product quality and lower product cost
- Some scheduled domestic and international travel is required.
- Cross functional servant leader and bridge builder working within the team, with other product teams and with our product suppliers
- Requires education in technical discipline with preference for BS in mechanical or electrical engineering or at least 10 years of related experience
- Requires 7 years' experience (10 years preferred) in industrial automation market including product application, control system integration, technical support of industrial control products and/or product design. Similar experience in related markets such as building automation, etc. may be considered.
- Experience with industrial control system design for machinery and/or processes including the application of industrial control & automation products
- Experience with agency approvals (UL, CSA, CE, RoHS, etc.) and CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks) is desirable
- Must possess self-confidence, organizational skills, time management skills and excellent communication skills.
- Must also be able to work on and manage projects independently, meet deadlines and have excellent interpersonal skills