Account Manager - Process Controls Solutions needed in the Central TX, South TX or Gulf Coast area for a Distributed Control Systems (DCS) Equipment and Services provider to the Process Industries. The Account Manager shall develop and maintain business relationships with decision makers and purchase influencers in the specific assigned accounts.
Why work here?:
- ESOP company so earn shares and have ownership in the company!
- Room for growth in this privately-owned company!
- Established business in the region for over 65 years!
- Excellent benefits package - Low-premium health insurance, dental, vision, disability, life
- 401k matching - 4% right off the bat!
- LOW OVERNIGHT TRAVEL!!
- Live anywhere in Central, South, or Gulf Coast of Texas
- Identify, establish, and maintain business relationships with management level decision makers and other personnel who have influence in the decision process.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business, including; their products and processes, markets served, key customers, industry dynamics that effect the customer’s business and events that influence the customers profits.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer’s business drivers and key objectives to support development of account strategies.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of all Products and Services included in the assigned Company Business Unit portfolio.
- Identify and maintain accurate records of the customers’ organization and the politics that influence decision-making. Identify decision makers and others in the organization that have influence on these decision makers.
- Develop and maintain an account strategy that maximizes the business relationship for the Company, including crafting the value proposition that sustains the business relationship.
- Provide regular status reports to Sales and Service Management of the progress on account objectives and other metrics established for assigned accounts.
- Secure new business for the Products and Services in the represented business unit.
- Support business unit and sales team initiatives and events as identified by the business unit manager.
- Performs related duties as required.
- 7+ Years direct technical sales and marketing experience to large key accounts; 3- 5 years of successful technical sales within the Process Controls industry or related markets.
- BS/BA degree required in a discipline that supports a technical knowledge of the business.
- Detailed knowledge of the sales process as applied at a management level with a history of success in using this process.
- Strong knowledge of the specific business and industry of the Company.