Grow your career in automation and enjoy learning a lot about full system solutions. In this position you will enjoy the challenge of interfacing with clients, sourcing equipment and automation components, as well as the friendly working environment where you will be supported by other seasoned application engineers.
This is a growing manufacturer of industrial automation products in the SW metro! Experience including, HMIs, PLCs, VFDs, integral gear motors, and AC servo motors. This unique position is for engineers who are personable, good communicators and like to solve problems. You will begin with a 6 month deep-dive training program. This is a growth position!
The training program includes:
- Rotation across different company business units where the person will get exposed to the company operations
- In-depth product training with hands-on exercises
- Working on real-life applications and troubleshooting
- Training on sales processes and tools from senior sales engineers
At the end of 6 months, you will be an Application Engineer. Typical career tracks for this position are in Sales Engineering or Senior Application Engineer.
- #1 - Must be a self-starter
- BS in Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical engineering, or similar
- Must be willing to travel – approx. 25% of the time
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and can travel outside the US if needed
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Size, select, and recommend products to customers
- Offer technical support and troubleshooting over the phone
- Visit customer sites for product start-ups
- Draft new product specifications and engineering work orders
- Write relevant technical documentation & manuals
- Provide excellent customer support
- Create product quotations
- Manage new projects to completion – Coordinate with production, engineering, and QA
- Create sales presentations and other marketing material
- Share application knowledge through writing and speaking
- Provide product training in-house and at customer sites