In the position of Controls System Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining instrumentation and control systems in support of plant production, quality, GMP and safety goals. You will design and implement changes to the instrumentation and control systems in the plant in support of business approved projects and permits.
Your responsibilities in this position will include:
Qualifications for this position:
- Ensure the instrumentation, control systems, and documentation (and validation or PSM where required) can support the quality and production goals of the assigned unit in the plant to meet business needs.
- Manage systems, service contracts or software licenses as directed to maintain the overall instrumentation and control systems.
- Design and implement assigned changes to instrumentation and control systems.
- Maintain and implement changes to the plant instrumentation/control systems.
- Participate in control systems lifecycle planning to ensure instrumentation and control systems are supportable and fit for use as they approach obsolescence.
- Manage permits/projects as required by business needs within approved cost, schedule, safety and scope criteria.
- Comply with Safety and Health programs.
- Document to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and protection of the workforce and equipment.
- Evaluate opportunities for improving plant automation and information systems to present for management review.
- Maintain and improve skills required to ensure the safe and efficient operation of instrumentation and control equipment.
- Acquire knowledge of new technologies and applications that may be beneficial to the business. Share knowledge and provide assistance within the group, with other plants and any other customers within the organization.
- Manage the activities of maintenance, contractors, operations and engineers when implementing changes to instrumentation and control systems or responding to problems with the instrumentation and control systems.
- Train maintenance, contractors, operations, and engineers where appropriate to minimize downtime of instrumentation and control systems.
- BSEE or BSChE
- Experience in the process and process controls area
- Detailed knowledge of and significant experience with the plant process control systems in more than one of the following control systems: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLCs, Provox DCS, Foxboro I/A DCS, Aspen IP.21, Intellution HMI
- Demonstrated knowledge of measurement transmitter and control valve theory of operation, application, selection, specification, and installation
- Demonstrated knowledge of analog control theory, configuration, and tuning
- Experience with project management techniques