Our client specializes in helping OEMs across the country by designing and manufacturing custom electric motors and gear motors for their high-volume products and applications. They've been in business for over 30 years and have successfully completed over 1,000 OEM projects.
They are currently seeking a Sales Engineer with strong business development skills. Your primary role will be to proactively manage a geographic territory for maximum sales by finding new opportunities. This can be accomplished by a number of different means, including, but not limited to face-to-face meetings, cold calling, obtaining referrals from satisfied customers, and growing sales within existing accounts. The right candidate has superior business acumen, is exceedingly motivated, and tenacious at closing deals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prospect, identify and win new OEM business to support the company’s long-term growth strategy.
- Develop and actively maintain an annual strategic sales growth plan including new growth targets, key accounts, important activities, and timelines.
- Establish strategic relationships and uncover opportunities to capture new business within assigned existing and prospective target OEM accounts.
- Collaborate with internal teams to continuously improve customer satisfaction through prompt response to quote opportunities, product quality inquiries, technical support questions and other customer requests.
- Present regular sales forecast and opportunity pipeline updates to the management team.
- Prioritize and aggressively pursue the most promising new business opportunities by involving the company’s engineering, quality, logistics and management teams.
- Conduct proactive sales appointments with customers to strengthen relationships and earn new business opportunities.
- Keep current both technically and commercially on all of electric motor and gear motor products. Remain up to date on emerging capabilities.
- Stay abreast on industry and competitive products, services and capabilities including recent trends and developments.
- Effectively communicate customer’s technical and commercial requirements to cross-functional internal project teams.
- Participate in company sponsored trade shows as requested.
- Maintain accurate and timely records on all accounts, contacts and sales activities in Salesforce (CRM).
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in B2B sales and account management of technical products or services.
- Established resume of successfully achieving and exceeding sales growth targets.
- Direct selling experience to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Proven ability to prospect and qualify potential customers, meet decision makers and effectively present differentiating values.
- Ability to quickly earn credibility and develop trusting relationships with colleagues, suppliers, and customers at all levels and disciplines.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective working individually and as part of a team.
- Strong time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications and CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Must be proactive, solve problems, anticipate needs and have the necessary drive, enthusiasm and focus to achieve results.
- Knowledge of electric motors and gear motors is highly desirable.
- Prior formal sales training preferred.
- Travel requirement: 40% (domestic + some international)