An industrial automation and engineering firm is hiring! Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
As a Senior Industrial Network Architect, you would be expected to develop and implement computer network systems for large or small companies in the critical infrastructure, SCADA, and industrial automation sectors.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work successfully in both the IT and the OT space, implementing multi-vendor and multi topology solutions that meet customer requirements. You should have a can-do attitude and be an organized problem solver who is passionate about ensuring and maintaining a stable network infrastructure. Supporting the both internal and external customers, you will develop, administer and maintain the network infrastructure by making sure the enterprise systems and related components are secure, have integrity, and are highly available.
The software, hardware, network security programs, and data storage systems you will be working with are constantly changing. It will be crucial for you to stay current and fully informed through ongoing education.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Must be a U.S. Citizens to apply.
• Ability to Obtain Government Clearance highly preferred.
• 10+ years relevant experience preferred
• Administering LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam control measures
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues regarding local area networks / wide area network, including performance and connectivity problems
• Ability to support a variety of LAN, WAN, and wireless/RF network infrastructures
• Plan, Budget, Design, and Implement robust and reliable industrial network solutions
• Effectively set expectations, assess skills, and assign resources to support network implementation and support activities
• Ability to diagnose and resolve common network problems using a variety of techniques • Arranging and performing network software and hardware upgrades
• Knowledge of ISA/IEC62443, ISA 95, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-82, NERC CIP, and other industrial standards is a plus
• Ability to design network to both clients supplied and regulatory requirements
• Administering the operation of all local area networks / wide area network related services according to company policies and procedures - Understanding of production environments and being on-call
• Strong troubleshooting, analytic and diagnostic skills
• Proficiency with network protocols, software and hardware involved in LAN/WAN operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of managed and unmanaged switches
• Demonstrated knowledge to configure, deploy, and support network routers
• Multi-vendor exposure including but not limited to Cisco, HP, Dell, Hirschmann, Siemens, and others • VPNs (virtual private networks) experience preferred
• Strong familiarity with SANs (Storage Area Networks)
• LAN (local area networks) experience
• Experience with WANs (Wide Area Network)
• Researches, evaluates, recommends and implementation of information-security-related hardware and software
• Bachelor’s degree in related technology field
• CCENT, CCNA, Security +, Network +, A+ or other similar certifications preferred or 10+ Years of experience in related field
Position requires ability to travel by any means to client work site locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. Travel may be for up to two or more weeks at a time. Travel is normally up to 20% annually, but at times may exceed 50% based on client needs
- Competitive salary DOE plus company benefits which include: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, as well as paid vacation and holidays.
- Will pay up to $2,500 for relocation to Houston, TX