Automated Assembly and Test systems OEM catering to the Automotive, Medical Device, and Solar Industries is looking for an Project Manager
for their Atlanta area location.
This company provides:
- Stability of over 40 years in business and a global presence
- Designing of new highly technical automated systems including electrical, mechanical, and robotics
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance – company covers majority of premiums
- 401k with 4% matching
- Relocation assistance provided
- Develop and maintain accurate project schedule
- Develop system technical specifications based on customer contract
- Support customer needs and maintain contact with customer throughout projects
- Provide regular progress updates to senior management; communicate potential problems and manpower issues; share suggestions for continuous improvement
- Discuss weekly progress updates; resolve problems in technical design, schedule, budget issues and encourage suggestions for continuous improvements.
- Document and distribute specifications, customer needs and requirements, as per the contract. Participate in design review meetings as required by the project.
- Follow in-house guidelines and standards to direct the daily project activities.
- Ensure that the purchase order received is compatible with the terms of the project proposal
- Track all contract changes with a written Change Order Request and maintain a revision summary.
- Prepare the project team to see that objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the team throughout the completion of a project.
- Conduct regular project meetings with the customer, record and distribute a project status report.
- Determine manpower requirements for a project and communicate with relevant department managers to ensure effective resource planning.
- Develop and maintain project risk mitigation plan
- 4 year Engineering degree, or equivalent, specializing in MFG, electronics, electrical, mechanical, systems, or controls engineering
- Previous project management experience in complex projects with focus on equipment. engineering and manufacturing for customers. 3 years minimum, 5 + years preferred
- Must have experience managing automation and/or systems manufacturing programs in excess of $1 million with multiple disciplinary teams
- Must have a proven track record of providing positive leadership and coordination to a multi-disciplinary project design and construction team
- Must have a practical working knowledge of the automation industry, experience in medical device automation is preferred
- An ability to work effectively with customers according to deadlines and under pressure-filled conditions is essential
- Proficient and fluency of PC based Microsoft Suites and MS-Project applications
- In addition, experience with the use of 3D engineering design software is preferred but not required
- Completion of or in the process of achieving the Project Management Professional (PMP) designation highly desired
- Second Business Degree (MBA) or Diploma a plus