This company is a system integrator specializing in the automotive and water/wastewater industries. They have offices outside of Detroit and in Tampa and are growing. This position will be a work from home position in the Orlando area and primarily responsible for clients in that area. This company treats their employees like family and has great benefits including paying for overtime.
As the Project Engineer you will be responsible for project deliverables including system design, software programming, control equipment, on-site startup and documentation for projects involving controls and monitoring systems. This job will require 25% travel with occasional overnight stays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You may be required to perform any or all of the following tasks as they are assigned:
- Review specifications and proposals to gain a throurough understanding of the project
- System Design responsibilities including the preparation and development of equipment submittals, schematic design, equipment layout, and bills of material
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principals, company standards and customer contract requirements, and related specifications
- Software Development and Programming responsibilities including PLC programming and HMI graphics development.
- Field Commissioning to include Instrument calibration/configuration, hardward checkout and software debug.
- Collaboration and communications with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Documentation including project records, correspondences, and reports
- On-site commissioning including field start-up and project debug at end-user sites and customer training
- Advise Project Management of customer change requests or proporsal discrepancies
- Work with Purchasing in procuring project equipment and materials
- Coordinate with Manufacturing to ensure efficient and accurate construction
- Develop training, operations, and maintenance manuals
- Document and maintain accurate records of job related actividites, releases, and coorespondences
- Provide accurate project reporting
- Customer training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with two years’ experience or an Associates degree in Engineering with four year’s experience, or at least six years related experience with some college instruction in a related field.
- Knowledge of industrial controls in the water/wastewater industry
- PLC and HMI programming skills
- Knowledge of industry design standards and specifications
- Understanding of the system or process to be controlled
- Use of personal computers and industrial programming devices
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Design skills including logic design
- Ability to perform calculations required to size components