Automated Assembly and Test systems OEM catering to the Automotive, Medical Device, and Solar Industries is looking for a Controls Engineer
for their Atlanta area location.
This company provides:
- Stability of over 40 years in business and a global presence
- Designing of new highly technical automated systems including electrical, mechanical, and robotics
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance – company covers majority of premiums
- 401k with 4% matching
- Relocation assistance provided
- Developing, managing and/or maintaining controls software for production machines and processes specific to customer requirements.
- Create a controls architecture from a sales quotation; ability to read mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings.
- Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure systems operate in conformance with required specifications to ensure that systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Use thorough understanding of the operational processes of an organization in this truly multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including operations, purchasing and design.
- Design and develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop applications in specific control disciplines such as advanced process control (APC), distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLC), and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA). The applications may involve hard or soft PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, vision systems, and others, separately or together.
- Utilize microcontrollers to develop control signals, implement control algorithms, and measure process variables such as temperatures, pressures, and positions.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving, providing advice and consultancy support.
- Debug and commission programs on the shop floor, and get the machine ready for SAT.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Travel to customer sites & commission the machines with all external vendors and perform FAT.
- Perform all safety tests on machines and/or processes in adherence with safety protocols, based on customer location.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, and technical issues such as software system design and maintenance; prepare reports and correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, and status.
- Maintain and modify existing systems; train users to use new or modified equipment.
- Program logic controllers in ladder, sequential graphs and/or statement lists. (Siemens, AB, Beckhoff, Pilz, etc.)
- Develop HMI systems for efficient process control, along with SCADA & MES. (WinCC, FactoryTalk, Xenon, etc.)
- Design, test and document safety systems for the machines, adhering to established country-specific requirements. (Pilz, AB, Siemens, etc.)
- Program industrial robots for applications in material handling, testing, machine tending, or as per process demands. (Fanuc, Adept, ABB, etc.)
- Integrate and commission servo drives and amplifiers into process automation for linear and/or rotary movements. (Siemens, Beckhoff, AB, SEW, Bosch, etc.).
- Design electrical drawings with AutoCAD, Eplan, and/or Visio.
- Read mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic drawings.
- Experience with vision systems (Keyence, Cognex, etc.) and knowledge of different fieldbus systems and its implementation to perform duties.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors and other relevant authorities.
- Developing new business proposals; accepting responsibility and a level of accountability appropriate with the seniority of the position.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations, and quality standards of the country in which work is undertaken.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and developing software for complex high-volume production systems for the automotive and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Comprehensive understanding of control systems in terms of electrical, motion, pneumatic & hydraulic controls.
- Familiarity with GAMP 5 practices a plus.
- Experience working with budget requirements and project schedules.
- Technical writing experience for creating machine manuals.
- Knowledge in production and processing of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge in education and training of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Able to travel to customer sites nationally and internationally - 25-30% travel requirement