Automated Assembly and Test systems OEM catering to the Automotive, Medical Device, and Solar Industries is looking for a Service Manager
for their Atlanta area location.
This company provides:
- Stability of over 40 years in business and a global presence
- Designing of new highly technical automated systems including electrical, mechanical, and robotics
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance – company covers majority of premiums
- 401k with 4% matching
- Relocation assistance provided
- Manage service engineers and the scheduling of customer service projects.
- Manage all spare parts purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies.
- Generate and manage service and historical data base.
- Drive process improvements in the organization and work areas to optimize efficiency; identify and resolve issues in parts department, and ensure achievement of all short and long term objectives.
- Responsible for the management and updating of spare part departmental ISO procedures, guidelines and templates; participate in audits as necessary to demonstrate conformance to department processes.
- Strive to achieve the highest level of performance from team members as it relates to their individual skillsets and abilities; retain an effective workforce for the service department, including ongoing training and development for all parts department employees.
- Coordinate the requisition of materials with purchasing group(s), as required per service project.
- Discuss weekly progress updates; resolve problems in technical design, schedule, cost issues or shortages; encourage suggestions on improved methods and tools.
- Conduct regular service project meetings with the service team and customers throughout the service project; communicate to the customer relative aspects of the service/build process as they relate to timing, quality and cost.
- Conduct Service Project Closeout meetings, designed to capture the highlights and lowlights of the project (resulting in continuous improvement ideas).
- Manage the response of request for quotations (RFQs) to ensure that quotes are delivered accurately and on time, and CRM data is accurately entered; oversee the part fulfillment transactions, ensuring that requisitions are accurate and aligned with the customer purchase order.
- Track all contract changes with written Change Order Requests and maintain a revision summary; responsible for service acceptance and sign-off, along with customer milestone invoice sign-off.
- Facilitate all warranty/non-warranty claims with the customer.
- Collaborate with procurement and vendors to ensure that the best solution is provided to the customer; identify proactive solutions to maximize the spare part offerings.
- Manage the daily operations and planning of the use of materials and human resources to meet customer requirements for engineering services while also considering the needs of the business; coordinate with various vendors to obtain all possible discounts.
- Develop effective parts processes for both internal and external customers and maintain inventory for all service departments.
- Review service reports and determine actions required to complete job; assign outstanding tasks by forwarding to the appropriate departments and clearly stating who is responsible for individual tasks.
- Maintain all warranty claims and assist in all changes; coordinate with vendors for any possible shipping delays to ensure compliance to time.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree specializing in technology, engineering or a manufacturing field, or equivalent work experience required in lieu of a degree
- Ability to adapt priorities in a fast paced, high volume environment. Resilient, calm under pressure, self-driven, consistent, and process driven. Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, analytical, organizational, communication, follow up and people skills.
- Willingness to work extended hours and weekends when required. Travel will be required, mostly in North America with some potential international travel. Travel requirements will vary with this position.
- Must have experience managing automation and/or Assembly/Test service/projects with multiple disciplinary teams. Requires experience working in a manufacturing environment, as well as warehousing, shipping and procurement procedures. An excellent understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical components, along with the ability to read drawings is essential. Experience in Automation or Robotics, with a strong mechanical and electrical knowledge. Solid background/education in lean process, procedure, and manufacturing practice.
- 5 + years’ experience in parts sales and/or product management in the automation industry.