This is an established and growing engineering firm on the east side of the Twin Cities. Recently moved into a new facility due to growth and with the financial backing of a larger global company that believes in investing in it's businesses. Develop, coordinate, and implement PLC based controls systems and PC based SCADA projects. Provide technical assistance on projects to ensure successful implementation of project scope. Participate in new product development to promote profitability, production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effectiveness.
Why would you want to work here?
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Casual and flexible work environment in a beautiful new facility!
- Challenging projects and the opportunity to grow!
- A competitive (exempt) hourly wage; you get paid for all the hours worked!
- $10 per hour bonus while working in the field.
- Earn double time while working on after hours support.
- Fully funded health insurance premiums. You pay $0.00 for you and your family’s health care.
- Company funded Health Savings Account (HSA) to cover standard out-of-pocket costs of the health insurance plan. You really pay $0.00 for you and your family’s health care.
- Optional dental coverage for a minimal fee.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company contribution of 3% of your annual salary.
- Annual profit-sharing plan (eligible after 1 year).
- Paid holidays (9 per year) and vacation time (1 week in the first year, 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 5 years, 4 weeks after 10 years).
- Proven experience creating electrical drawings, panel layouts, and P&I diagrams (AutoCAD Electrical or Eplan).
- Proven experience in PLC ladder logic programming with Rockwell (Studio5000), Siemens (TIA), and GE (Proficy) PLCs.
- Proven experience of the current and legacy fieldbus technologies (Ethernet I/P, Profinet, ControlNet, Profibus).
- Proven experience with operator interface technologies (Rockwell FactoryTalk View ME).
- Knowledge of Ethernet network administration desired.
- Knowledge of PC programming and configuration desired (C#).
- Knowledge of Server and Database programming and configuration desired (SQL Server).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering is desired.
- Experience in the a Processing Industry is preferred.
- Typical office environment at our facility (flex hours).
- Participation in 24/7 Support Team coverage (on rotational basis), requires night and weekend availability to respond to support calls.
- On-Site trips to customer’s manufacturing facilities and exposure to typical industry compounding facility environment (25% - 35% travel).