This is an established and growing engineering firm on the east side of the Twin Cities. Recently moved into a new facility due to growth and with the financial backing of a larger global company that believes in investing in it's businesses. Our client is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented engineering manager to join thier growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of the organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
The Engineering Manager will manage 8 direct reports and this will be growing to 12 by the end of the year, including company engineers, subcontractors, and other members of a multi-disciplined engineering team.
Why would you want to work here?
✔Casual and flexible work environment
✔Challenging projects and the opportunity to grow.
✔A competitive (exempt) hourly wage; you get paid for all the hours worked.
✔Earn double time while working on after hours support.
✔Fully funded health insurance premiums. You pay $0.00 for you and your family’s health care.
✔Company funded Health Savings Account (HSA) to cover standard out-of-pocket costs of the health insurance plan. You really pay $0.00 for you and your family’s health care.
✔Optional dental coverage for a minimal fee.
✔401(k) retirement savings plan with a company contribution of 3% of your annual salary.
✔Annual profit-sharing plan (eligible after 1 year).
✔Paid holidays and vacation time
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Computer Engineering.
- 10+ years of engineering experience in automation & controls or systems integration, with 3-5 years in a management role.
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems.
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Proven experience creating electrical drawings, panel layouts, and P&I diagrams (AutoCAD Electrical or Eplan).
- Proven experience in PLC ladder logic programming with Rockwell (Studio5000) and Siemens (TIA).
- Proven experience of the current and legacy fieldbus technologies (Ethernet I/P, Profinet, ControlNet, Profibus).
- Proven experience with operator interface technologies (Rockwell FactoryTalk View ME or SE).
- Knowledge of Ethernet network administration desired.
- Knowledge of PC programming and configuration (C#, Visual Basic, Java).
- Knowledge of database programming and configuration (SQL Server, Oracle).
- Knowledge of Windows based OS (Server, 10).
- Knowledge of virtual machines (Hyper-V, VMware).
- Experience in the Rubber Mixing/Processing Industry is a plus.
- Typical office environment at company facility (flex hours).
- Participation in 24/7 Support Team coverage (on rotational basis), requires night and weekend availability to respond to support calls.
- On-Site trips to customer’s manufacturing facilities and exposure to typical rubber compounding facility environment (5% - 15% travel).