A large, independent engineering and technology services firm is hiring in the Huntsville, AL area! If you want to work for a great company and have experience managing fast-paced, high-pressure projects that meet technical, financial, and schedule demands then this is the job for you.
Why join this company?
- Job security - due to the industry they serve their solutions are in high demand and they're hiring to try to keep up! However, they avoid having all their "eggs in one basket" and are diversified in other areas as well.
- Competitive Pay along with overtime and generous bonus plan
- Just the right size - large enough for growth opportunities but small enough where you'll get to know the CEO
- Low turnover - the company fosters a good work environment and their employees enjoy what they do! The company recognizes that their people are assets and that every person matters and makes a difference
- Success - they are proud of their record of zero defect projects
- Low travel - 10%
As a Project Manager and Senior Engineer, you will be a technical leader and work with a team of engineers to solve client needs by providing PLC-based BMS (Building Management System) solutions. You will lead large capital automation & controls projects and manage internal resources as well as electrical and mechanical subcontractors.
Your responsibilities will include managing and coordinating the design, procurement, implementation, and commissioning phases of projects, in addition to the financial and technical success of the project. You will take a leadership role in developing project proposals and vetting project cost estimates. You will develop and communicate a clear understanding of the client’s project goals and maintain the company’s alignment to these goals, enabling your team to exceed client expectations and budgeted profitability.
- Proposal Development – Participate in proposal scope, schedule, and cost estimates, as well as Project Management methodology and project pricing and structure.
- Client Communication – Ensure effective communication between the client, the project team, the business development team, and other management teams at all phases of the project. Be effective at resolving scope, schedule, and cost issues as they arise.
- Project Schedule and Plan – Develop the project labor resource plan and procurement plan to meet the client’s schedule objective and project cash flow requirements.
- Scope – Maintain firm control of scope and compliance. Ensure that scope is well defined and communicated, and proactively obtain any required change orders, develop additional scope opportunities which may serve the client’s objective.
- Cost – Develop and maintain project cost budgets and reports; manage estimated cost at completion, earned value, and contingency. Forecast monthly project costs avoiding cost overruns. Projects involve high dollar value materials.
- Project Team – Lead the project team in achieving the project tasks and milestones on schedule and under budget. Work closely with the operations group to ensure that the right resources are assigned to the project at the optimal time. Communicate project progress to the team and to the client and be an effective advocate for the project team. Identify project risks in advance and mobilize the necessary resources to mitigate risks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent educational background
- At least 10 years in project engineering environment with at least 3 years of project management experience
- PMP certificated or the ability to obtain PMP certification within 1 year of employment
- Experience with industrial controls in any of the industries: consumer products, automotive, food & beverage, energy management or similar.
- Experience with PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, process controls, etc. Schneider Electric/Modicon system experience is a plus!
- Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS), Building Automation Systems (BAS), central plant utilities, industrial scale HVAC systems, cooling towers and chillers, etc.
- Previous experience managing control systems, HMI, plant data historian, and other industrial projects is desired
- Experience with MES/MOM solution implementation is also desired
- Experience with project management software such as MS Project or Primavera is desired.