A large, independent engineering and technology services firm is hiring!
Why join this company?
- Job security - due to the industry they serve their solutions are in high demand and they're hiring to try to keep up! However, they avoid having all their "eggs in one basket" and are diversified in other areas as well.
- Competitive Pay along with overtime and generous bonus plan
- Travel is not excessive - depending on the project travel may be 25-50% but you are typically only at job sites during installation, commissioning, and testing; they make sure to get you home every 10 days.
- Just the right size - large enough for growth opportunities but small enough where you'll get to know the CEO
- Low turnover - the company fosters a good work environment and their employees enjoy what they do! The company recognizes that their people are assets and that every person matters and makes a difference
- Success - they are of their proud record of zero defect projects
As a Senior Controls Engineer you will be responsible for technical leadership and/or development of PLC-based BMS (Building Management System) solutions for company clients. Responsibilities include development, implementation, testing and startup of technical solutions created by you and/or others, and frequent communication to management, other team members, and customers of work status updates. You will be working closely with project managers and other engineers to leverage their technical experience and expertise in controls, instrumentation, networking and software development to deliver best-in-class solutions.
Senior Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of integrated electrical and PLC based control systems for building management
- Responsible for aspects of project budget and schedule requirements
- Develop overall system architecture for industrial control projects
- Specify and configure various hardware components such as instrumentation, switchgear, and industrial control panels
- Perform functional testing of electrical and control systems
- Design and configure PLC and HMI/SCADA networks
- Generate functional requirements documentation, test procedures, and forms
- Field start-up testing of electrical and programmed control systems, including loop checks, drive setup, installation inspection, operational readiness testing, and functional acceptance testing
- Work cooperatively with engineering, design, production and field service staff
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent educational background
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the industry
- Able to operate independently without too much supervision
- Ability to travel 25-50% depending on project requirements
- Experience with PLCs, HMIs, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to develop and program PLCs and HMIs with Rockwell Allen Bradley ControlLogix and Factory Talk View; experience with programming other PLC or DDC BMS systems is a plus
- Develop, troubleshoot and implement software and data communication solutions
- Familiarity with and ability to specify instrumentation. Ability to read and identify instrumentation necessary from P&ID's.
- Experience with some of the following is required: building management systems (BMS), building automation systems (BAS), central plant utilities, industrial HVAC, data centers, cogen plants, and combined cooling, heat & power
- Experience in industrial controls for water, wastewater, food & beverage, process & packaging or similar is a plus.