A large, independent engineering and technology services firm is hiring!
Why join this company?
- Job security - due to the industry they serve their solutions are in high demand and they're hiring to try to keep up! However, they avoid having all their "eggs in one basket" and are diversified in other areas as well.
- Competitive Pay along with overtime and generous bonus plan
- Travel is not excessive - 20-40% depending on project requirements, typically you are only at job sites during installation, commissioning, and testing; they make sure to get you home every 10 days.
- Just the right size - large enough for growth opportunities but small enough where you'll get to know the CEO
- Low turnover - the company fosters a good work environment and their employees enjoy what they do! The company recognizes that their people are assets and that every person matters and makes a difference
- Success - they are of their proud record of zero defect projects
As a Senior Automation Engineer you will be responsible for technical leadership and/or development of solutions for company clients. Responsibilities include development, implementation, testing and startup of technical solutions created by yourself or others, and frequent communication to management and customers of work status updates. You will be working closely with project managers and other engineers to leverage their technical experience and expertise in controls, instrumentation, networking and software development to deliver best in class solutions.
Senior Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Responsible for design and implementation of integrated electrical and PLC based control systems
- Work cooperatively with engineering, design, production and field service staff
- Responsible for aspects of project budget and schedule requirements
- Develop overall system architecture for industrial control projects
- Specify and configure various hardware components such as PLC systems, AC/DC drives, instrumentation, switchgear and industrial control panels
- Perform functional testing of electrical and control systems
- Design and configure PLC and HMI/SCADA networks
- Generate functional requirements documentation, test procedures and forms
- Coordinate start-up activities and travel to customer sites for start-up of developed solutions
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent educational background
- Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
- Able to operate independently without too much supervision
- Experience with AC/DC motors and drive systems is highly desired. Experience with coordinated drive systems or larger horsepower drives is a plus.
- Ability to develop PLC programs (Allen Bradley/ControlLogix), HMI programs (FactoryTalk View), as well as experience with Wonderware (ArchestrA preferred).
- Develop, troubleshoot and implement software and data communication solutions
- Lead field start-up testing of electrical and programmed control systems, including loop checks, drive setup, installation inspection, operational readiness testing, and functional acceptance testing
- Experience with industrial controls in a variety of industries is required (preferred industries: water/wastewater, steel or aluminum, automotive, food & beverage, or similar). Metals or mining experience is a plus.
- Experience in any of the following is also a plus: Central Plant Utilities, Cogen Plants, and Combined Cooling, Heat & Power.
- Ability to travel 20-40%.