A large, independent engineering and technology services firm is hiring at their office in Plano, TX! This company is searching for a CAD Technician to provide drafting support during design projects.
Why join this company?
- Job security - due to the industry they serve their solutions are in high demand and they're hiring to try to keep up! However, they avoid having all their "eggs in one basket" and are diversified in other areas as well.
- Low turnover - the company fosters a good work environment and their employees enjoy what they do! The company recognizes that their people are assets and that every person matters and makes a difference
- Success - they are of their proud record of zero defect projects
- No overnight travel!
This role requires the ability to convert conceptual ideas, sketches, and actual parts into workable CAD drawings in a system design environment. The CAD Technician will collaborate with other design members as well as work independently. The person in this role will learn progressive electrical design principles and new software, as well as industrial and internal standards.
- Assist in the design activities required for delivering successful projects
- Work cooperatively with engineering, project management, production, and field service staff
- Responsible for monitoring project design hours and for monitoring timeliness of design deliverables
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with AutoCAD and Visio software electrical and control systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Able to read electrical schematics
- High attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and self-prioritize tasks
- General understanding of industrial and/or manufacturing processes, or building management systems
- Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with AutoCAD Electrical or Revit BIM is a plus!
- Experience working with PLC and HMI solutions for manufacturing customers
- Experience with chillers & air handling units, central plant operations, or power SCADA solutions a plus