Our client is a global company with over 22,000 employees. They operate shipping container terminals and ports around the world. To continue to improve supply chain efficiency, flexibility and dependability they are modernizing (automating) many of their terminals. The company offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
Based in Charlotte, NC the Automation Development Manager is responsible for creating the automation architecture, solutions and functionality of the modernization approach to allow modular retrofitting in the existing terminals. Key responsibilities include: drive the business plan implementation and operationalize the modernization strategy; establish standards/products for the success of the program and modernization roadmap; lead the development team in support of all projects through the phases of business case, plan development, construction / supplier contract, and execution by optimizing key value drivers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Responsible for product management on technically complex projects (including new building and retrofit/modifications) which could involve multiple disciplines, business units or suppliers.
- Set the overall direction for modernization standards/product development and related projects. Monitor and optimize existing processes and drive strategic initiatives to help meet the business objectives.
- Focused on enhancing performance through industry analysis, target setting, trend and opportunity identification, process optimization and modernization improvement interventions.
- Accountable for product management plan, scope, cost, work schedule, design and build, and contractual deliverables for own workstream.
- Engage in dialogue with customers in order to ensure right project/product focus
- Leverage comprehensive understanding of how automation integrates with other disciplines.
- Provide knowledge and ideas for development of solutions to complex problems or projects.
- Contributes to high customer satisfaction.
- Education – Degree from an accredited college in the field of Engineering or related discipline. An MBA or other master’s degree and/or certification in project management is a plus.
- Experience - Minimum 5-10 years’ automation related experience; extensive project management experience with multiple reports and clear responsibility on achieving safety, time and budget targets; extensive operational experience.
- Accountability - Capable of motivating teams to achieve project success; driven, self-motivating, result-oriented with high discipline to follow through on actions and ensure necessary documentation.
- Agility - Ability to accommodate important changes rapidly
- Collaboration - Ability to exchange and adapt skills when working together across boundaries
- Functional Excellence - Experience with Operational software, modelling software and Project Controls software, such as PMWeb. High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care